26 October 2008

Banana Bread Pudding

Want something yummy to do when your banana bread doesn't come out right?

My banana bread *tasted* great. But it came out of the pan in about 23 pieces (which made it not very "loaf-like". I think there was a little too much banana.) I couldn't bear to throw it away, but I couldn't figure out a good way to serve it. And thus, banana bread pudding was born.



I basically crumbled it up a little more and let the bread dry out a bit. After that I whipped together 3 eggs, about 1/2 cup of cream, and about 2 cups of milk, a scant half-cup of sugar, and some vanilla. I poured this over the bread mixture and baked it in a water bath at 350 for an hour and 15 minutes or so.



It was *very* yummy. One night I served it with the Bailey's Sauce listed here.

No comments: