19 August 2008

Canned Grilled Vegetables

I admit to being suckered in by the following claim on the side of a can:


This is a HUGE can of grilled veggies in oil. I thought it might be good for salads or pizza/pasta toppings, so I bought it. Here is what it looked like when I opened it up:

The can contained red and yellow peppers, zucchini, and eggplant. There was also some (ungrilled) garlic in evidence. The taste of the veggies is actually pretty good (definitely grilled and seasoned.) The way the vegetables are chopped up is a little weird. In some cases there are huge slabs, and in other cases small bits. There is a ton of eggplant in here. It is fairly tasty, but I would prefer a little more yellow pepper-action, and a little less oil.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you'll be eating lots of grilled veges! :)